Thursday, March 5, 2009

Defeated!

So I have been defeated. Well, the budget that we agreed on has been blown away. I mean it was already blown away in our projection of costs, but I can officially declare it dead. How did it die? Hmm...maybe cuz I am just a guest and have no say (well that is what the vendors tell me). Ok, I have a big say, but now I got a Suga Mama, so no worries. Plus she is uprooting herself to move to my neck of the woods way earlier than anticipated, so we figured we ought to get something we are happy with rather than compromising all the time. But yeah. Also one of the reasons is that we still can't find a photog that we both like. We had 1. He was cheap, but also cannot book for another 2 MONTHS. Shoot at this rate, we might not even book someone by then. So I have ventured out. Reaching out to photogs in San Luis Obispo, San Diego, and Arizona. But we are raising the budget on the photog. Simply there is no one we like in the middle ground area. Oh well. Defeated. Maybe I should change the heading.

10 comments:

rachel box said...

san luis obispo? after i moved outta san diego and before i moved out here to RI, i used to live in SLO County (shell beach, SLO, and paso robles). my friend had a really great photographer at her wedding (i didnt go, but i've seen her pics online). when i find the chick's site, i'll let you know (of course i have no idea what her price range is).

rachel box said...

http://www.katiedisimone.com/ is her website

http://www.katiedisimone.com/blog/?p=715 is her blog in which she featured some of my friend's wedding photos (a sneak peek if you will)

hope this helps!

EBM said...

thanks for the tips. every little thing helps.

Fiddler said...

We're using Lydia Daniller for our photog. She has family in L.A. so will travel.

Mike and Elaina said...

Sorry to hear about the defeat.

You're not alone though, our WAS 20k also and right now we're at 22k and counting. Hopefully we can stay under the 25k mark. That doesn't even include the honeymoon!

Sugar Mamma huh? Does she have a sister? J/K!

Mike and Elaina said...

Oh, by the way. This is the photog that we are using. They were a little on the pricey side but the fiance gave me the green light on some stuff I wanted if we went with them.

www.heavenlyportraits.com

bleenie said...

We used Oscar Zagal and were happy.
www.zagalphotography.com
Our package was around $3,000, including albums and enlargements and high-res images. He takes a TON of pics and has good composition, but doesn't do a lot of post-processing. So it may be what you're looking for. Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

What is your budget? My photog has packages as low as 1500... and she's pretty stellar!
RelentlessBride

EBM said...

Our budget remains undetermined. I think we need to have a DTR with our budget. For us, as long as the photog is good and reasonable, then we might go for it.

Thanks for the suggestions!

sofstapia said...

No, *I'VE* been defeated!! I lost the biggest battle of 'em all.