Friday, February 27, 2009

Ugly Vendor


Would you hire an ugly vendor?

I don't know if I would. I know that sounds superficial, but I mean your guests are looking at your caterer, DJ, videographer, or photographer. Generally most of the vendors are ok, middle of the road looking, but then sometimes you get some fugly people. I know I sound like an ass, but you really want to subject your guests to that. Are your friends ugly? Of course not. Not to you, but to someone else, one of your friends might be ugly. So if think of all the various guests that you are inviting who don't know each other but know you. Now think that they have all different thoughts about what ugly looks like. Then think of your vendor. Did they fall off ugly tree? I am not hiring someone who looks like Freddy Krueger. Just like you aren't going to see Shamu @ New York Fashion Week (ok, that was from "The City", I know, I know, I know). To be honest, I haven't met any Freddy's, nor expect to. But I have met/seen some borderlines that make me think. Call Pretty or Call Borderline? Hmm..I'll call pretty.


4 comments:

rachel box said...

AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! me and jeff and kinda mentioned something along these lines at the gay bridal expo we went to. the DJ was this fat white guy who looked like he would swaet profusely... and he looked like he could smell... and we both were in agreement that he looked like a loser.. and how we wouldnt wanna work with him...

its awful....

but first impressions do matter

sofstapia said...

this post is DEFINITELY *NOT* fiancee approved

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

It's basic instinct. we all like to look at beauty. It's natural inclination... even if not attracted to, we all like to look at attractive :)

I'm totally the same!

RelentlessBride

Mara (The Wedding Cabaret) said...

I agree with Amy Jean!