Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Photobook of all Photobooks

So I have printed out quite a few photobooks in my time and have been trying out different companies from MyPublisher, Shutterfly, Snapfish, Kodak, ArtsCow and Blurb. These are all reasonably priced photobook suppliers. I have not tried Apple's service because it is just too darn expensive. Well for our signin book, I wanted to try another company, AdoramaPix. It is basically the photo department of Adorama.com, the photo equipment retailer. Now I found out about AdoramaPix by a review done by another photography site, XEQUALS.

My first thought was, how much better can this book be? It is hands down the best I have gotten so far. I wouldn't say the construction of the outside is the best I have ever seen versus some leather bound books, but it is definitely good for a wrap around. The paper is what sets this apart. It is printed on matte photopaper. None of that photopaper that tends to look too glossy or cheapy. These pages are nice and thick and of great quality. The color reproduction is excellent and they provide you with the colorspace that they print with, which is a nice touch. Creating the book can be done all online and you can even save a local copy to your disk in case anything ever happens to their servers. The only thing about the online method is that there is no center on page for the photo. Other than that, the making of the book was simple and fast.

My only complaint is that there isn't a first throwaway page. The first page on the book is printed to photopaper that the glued to the front cover. It would have definitely been nice to know this since I would have left that page blank.

All and all, I will definitely be ordering from them again.

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

I stumbled upon your blog recently and I have to thank you for introducing me to clarke estate. my fiance also thanks you for saving us a ton of money. we waited in line last night and got our first choice this morning! it was so worth it. good luck on your upcoming wedding and i look forward to reading more. btw, your spreadsheets are dope! thanks for sharing!

Halsey said...

Lots of useful information! Good luck with everything

sofstapia said...

@Jeannie! Congratulations!! That was me last year! I got there are 4am and it was definitely worth it since I was first in line, missing the second person by only 15 minutes! You'll enjoy working with Tamra, she's fun and very easy to work with. Good luck with wedding planning. Let us know if you need more info. - the fiance

EBM said...

@Jeannie the fun never ends, you should have a good time at the clarke estate, we will post pics after everything is done with! Congrats!