Friday, September 19, 2008

Weddings and More Weddings and More

How many weddings do you go to? How many should you go to? Aren't they expensive?

Yeah that mess adds up after awhile and after you get engaged and planning a wedding, then you are trying to save money. The general thinking is that you go to that persons wedding b/c they are going to come to yours so anything you put out will come back. But what if you aren't inviting them? Do you still go? That is a tough one and the answer is....Depends. Depends what mood you are in, where it is, etc...

Let's put the count on: I went to 3 weddings last year, 6 + 2 addt'l receptions & declined 2, looking at 5 + my own for 2009. All and all we are talking about 15 weddings in 3 yrs.

Now say you give an avg of $100 per wedding in gift, spend another $150 getting there, talking about $250 a wedding or $3750 spent over 3 yrs. Man that is a lot of money when you are talking about it as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going to these weddings and seeing happy moments, friends, cake, etc... but sheit, somebody give a defibrillator and start my heart again.

1 comment:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I totally understand. This year alone I was invited to 6 weddings (all in California) and 2 in NJ through my FH. Being in Dc the NJ trek is not that bad and we have family there. Heading home is always awesome, but at 350/plane ticket not including time out from work and gifts... needless to say, i've missed two, attended the other three (2 I attended solo), have one more in CA in October (with FH), and one more in NJ in november. This year has been crazy... the only thing i would change in all this - is having money not be an issue. Guess it can't be a perfect world! :)