Friday, January 30, 2009

Another vendor just called -> straight to voicemail

Why you calling me? Oh cuz I met with you. I got to keep this vendor stringing along because we haven't booked the other person yet so if sh!t hits the fan, I got to keep this one live. But I don't want to talk him because he talks too much. You ever get those. I had 2 in the past week. Those vendors who love to sell because they love to listen to themselves. Gawd. Shoot me now. I want to reach through the phone and choke them and say "LET ME SPEAK!" Let me go a little MLK on you,
"I have a dream that one day, all vendors, regardless of industry; weddings, corporate events, bar mitzvah, christenings, bounce house parties; will all sell their wonderful things fast and speak to the point. That all listeners of their own voice will relinquish the desire to talk in large amounts. That they have the courage to take an Immodium or make use of a cork to stop their deadly annoying disease 'Diarrhea of the mouth'.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day the first vendor you meet will seem like your best friend or long lost sister, brother, midget twin, three legged dog or that ham sandwich from 2 tuesdays ago.

I have a dream that my two little future children will one day live in a nation where they will not be scammed by the same thieves who have tried to do me wrong, but be in a level playing field full of bargains and coups.

I have a dream today!

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of America's fiancees will be able to sing with new meaning:
My wedding 'tis of thee, sweet holy matrimony, of thee I sing.

Land where my wallet sucked dry, land of the bargainer's pride,

From every discount store, let freedom ring!

And if our weddings are to be a great extravaganza, this must become true.

And when this happens, when we allow our wallet's freedom ring, when we let it ring from every mall and every venue, from every church to dinning hall, we will be able to speak up that day for all future brides and grooms, cheap bastards and stingy parents, religious cheaters and non-affliated posers, TomKat and Speidi, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of my spiritual:
Saving at last! Saving at last!

Thank You the Cranky Wedding Blogger Almighty, we are saving at last!"
Man I hope I don't get anymore of these guys.

No comments: